TechLib provides automated checking using a counter scanner.
A portal scanner scans books at the exit to verify that books have been checked out and sounds an alarm if it is not the case. A handheld scanner is used for taking inventory. Various Library Management Systems are supported.
Benefits of SmartAsset:
library management solution
tracking of books, files and media
protection of assets, books and media
How it works:
When a customer arrives at the library counter to check out or check in books, TechLib counter scanner bulk scans the books and media as it is placed on the counter, and stores it on the Cloud-based system. When someone attempts to leave the building without checking out the assets, the security portal will trigger an alarm.
• The TechLib software stores all the data on a Cloud-based system which can be accessed from a laptop, PC or mobile phone. Authorized personnel can access the history of each asset, and also register new assets.
• A handheld RFID scanner allows library personnel to take stock by simply walking past books as the scanner detects all assets within a range or 2 meters
• RFID passive labels are low-cost, supports barcode technology, and the tag life is theoretically unlimited.
• TechLib can be integrated with existing library management systems and no RFID expertise is required by library or business staff as the RFID settings are preconfigured on the scanners and tags.
• Low cost UHF Passive labels
• Theoretically unlimited tag life
• Labels are small
• Labels can be barcode printed
• Integrated reader and antenna
• RS232 output
• 110-250 VAC input
• Dimensions: 490x300x65mm
• Size of scanning area: 400x400x300mm
• Suitable for scanning books placed on top of the counter
• Integrated Reader & Antenna
• Slim dimensions
• Ethernet output
• 110-250 VAC input
• Dimensions: 312x1500x50 mm
• Only one cable connecting the two sides
• Alarm & light is triggered by software
Watch our video:
• Back End Data interface: TCP sockets, SQL database table
• Front end: Automatically outputs the ID numbers of assets to keyboard wedge
India, Nigeria, Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi,
Namibia, Swaziland, Mozambique, China, Saudi Arabia
1219 Cobham Road, Pretoria, South Africa
+27 12 403-0091
OUR RFID SYSTEMS
RFID Library Management and Security
Keeping track of your books